Tuesday, January 6, 2009

I guess that my first order of business for Nana's Place is to go back to about a year ago, and show you what it is like when my friends and family get together and enjoy each other's company. I know that many of you have already seen these cool pics, but for my friends and family that do not have access to My Space, nor to the Nana's Place board, this is for them to enjoy.

My daughter Mandy and her hubby Mart that live in the Netherlands brought our other friend Steven with them and each time they come, Mart makes a delicious Dutch dish for all of us to enjoy...well, this time Steven added to the fun with his own version of Teramisu...

Mart’s Peach Pilaf!!
I know that it sounds yuckky, but, oh my, the taste is to die for...each year that Mart is here he makes one special European dish, and actually, we were blessed to have two of them this year..one in August, and one a few weeks ago...there were about a couple of dozen of us there at the dinner and we had a blast...also, after the meal, they always bring "kinder eggs" from Holland...it is kind of like the plastic eggs we use for Easter here, but the outside is covered in a yummy hard chocolate shell, and inside is a really cool toy that you put together...this family really knows how to have fun!!! Oh geesh, I forgot to mention that Steven made 4 huge batches of Tiramisu, and it had a lot of Amaretto in it, and things really got silly with the kinder eggs as you will see!! One bowl of dessert, and we were all buzzed!!Enjoy the pics...I have sooo many pics of all the different things that we did...and I swear I must have put on 10 pounds cause of all the good eats that we had...(heck, I am still burping!!) hee hee

The grub cooking...




Hard at work...




Some hungry guests....
Dakota, Kyia, Eddie...(now Mr.& Mrs.)


Jodie (Kyia's Grandma--she has 3 Grandma's)


Bec, Brandi, Mandy (Dotty wasn't able to be at this get together)


Donna (my Sissy and best friend)


This is how to properly load your plate with the "fixins" per Mart...


You go first Steve....






Yes Steven, it's hot...


This was the first time Bruce had ever met any of Donna's family and friends...


Love your shirt David


Ahh...I finally get to sit down and eat!!!! (He ate 4 plates of pilaf!)


Steve...it's his house...


Michele...it's her house too....


Aww nuts...it looks like I have gotten a few of these backwards...oh well, you get the picture...err...pictures....
Now for the fun stuff...and the craziness...this is what started it all!!


Once we had a few bowls of these...oh boy!!












Nikki says, "oh please".....


Okay!!!!


Horton hears a "who"


This one just speaks for itself...err...I guess...told ya the dessert was great!!


Donna checking out the surprise in the Kinder egg....









No Kyia, you don't eat the plastic!!




Don't ask....hee hee




She's "hosed"


Guess she got the munchies....


At the end of the dinner, she wasn't....






Mart showing us the "proper way" to open a Kinder Egg..geesh who cares at this point...by now I can barely see the dang thing!




Okay, where'd that dang egg go?....


There were really cool toys in those eggs...Beck got gingie


Pauli got donkey...


And as for me, I got Mr. Crabs...


And, after the awesome dinner, and all of the giggles...Steven and Mart sang for us...




I wish all of you could have been there with us, but since you couldn't be, I hope these pics tell the story of the "Peach Pilaf" dinner!!

5 comments:

  1. Yummy! I would really like to try that peach pilaf someday. So, happy that you have started the year off with your blog! Can't wait to see more.
    Love ya! T

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Nancy,
    great to see your kids again. Terrific blog. Donna hasn't changed, she still looks georgous.

    Marie

    PS: I buy Kinder Eggs for my granddaughters too and Gabe still asks for Kinderschokolade...:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. great blog nana! i remember those pics, miss and love ya
    -speedy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great job- you are off to a wonderful start. Can't wait to see/read more from you
    Luv ya-
    "Yurt"

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks so much for your wonderful comments on my "maiden voyage" into the world of blogging! I have no idea what my writing "style" is, or will be, so I will just put down what I am thinking and feeling, and let the little pieces of me fall where they will...and thanks once again for joining me on my journey...

    ReplyDelete